среда, 9 ноября 2011 г.

Sigma 50-500 Nikon

Reach

Yes I know, 300mm is 300mm even on a crop sensor, it’s just the angle of view that equivalents 450mm, I could just crop my D700 image, yada-yada-yada. If I crop that D700 image, I probably end of with an OK 5 megapixel image (that’s the resolution of the D700 if the sensor was DX size). The build quality is really convincing, and the sharpness at 500mm is good for the «low resolution» 12 megapixel sensor of the D700. Compared to a 12 megapixel image from the D90 that is maybe a little less sharp (at 300mm, the 70-300VR isn’t that much of a performer) with some room for cropping, I’ll end up with a rather good But you can’t really use it hand-held (and you shouldn’t – I think the thing is heavy enough to cause serious strain on the lens mount of the camera, and when you’re using that combination handheld, it will happen that you hold it on the camera… to which I reply: resolution….



Upgrade DSLR Camera Body or Lens first?

Ok so heres my dilemma: Right now I am shooting with a Nikon D80 and a crappy little kit lens (Quantaray 70-300). I have been getting some decent shots, but if I want to start selling my photos they need to be better quality.


Hi .::LJS::

This is an easy decision. The "glass" takes the picture and is the major investment for most serious photographers, get a better quality lens and you will see an immediate difference in the quality of your images.


Zach L
No question, upgrade the lens first! For that kind of money, you can get a great combo. The D80 is still a fantastic camera, and good lenses will last you through many camera bodies.


Rob Nock
Hi .::LJS::

This is an easy decision. The "glass" takes the picture and is the major investment for most serious photographers, get a better quality lens and you will see an immediate difference in the quality of your images.


Eric Lefebvre
The D80 is a decent body. Drop that cash on some decent glass instead.

For horse shows, the 50-500 is def. a good range. I like my lenses a bit wider in aperture than f4.5 but I shoot weddings.


setaian
How old is the D80? I mean are we talking a camera that has had 5 years of hard use or a camera that has been well taken care of and only used every now and then? If it’s the former, I’d probably go for a new body…


Jeroen Wijnands
Additional Details
I’ve already decided on the camera and lens. They are the best combo for what I am shooting, and are what most of the professionals at these events use.

Not muhc point in askin is there.

I have a High School football game on Friday and I was wondering what setting should I configure my camera to?

I have a High School football game on Friday and I was wondering what setting should I configure my camera to?


Save your self some grief for the first shoot of this type.

Put your camera in the aperture priority mode and set your aperture wide open.


fhotoace
Save your self some grief for the first shoot of this type.

Put your camera in the aperture priority mode and set your aperture wide open.


Michael M
Good thing you have digital. Show up to the game earlt when they teams are warming up. You can play with settings then and be ready for the game.
Here are some settings you can start with. They have to do with Pushing film and no flash.

Ислам в России.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий